2024 COVERS

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Friday 21 June 2013

What We Are Reading-June

Welcome to June's WWAR. This month there's everything from steampunk to urban fantasy to historical. Enjoy!

Jenny Schwartz
I've been reading Adina West's serialised novel, Dark Child. I'm up to Episode 4, but Episode 1 is available free  if anyone wants a taste test. It's an intriguing paranormal world with some great twists.


Shona Husk's Dark Secrets has a very attractive anti-hero in a seriously different Wild West world.

I haven't reviewed Bec McMaster's free novella, Tarnished Knight, but if you like your steampunk sexy and with a paranormal edge, you're in for a treat!

Imogene Nix
Edible Delights Anthology Vol 1.
All Aussie authors - Jan Graham, Tamsin Baker, Khloe Wren and Donna Gallagher. Every story revolves around food and it's super hot erotic romance all the way. It releases Friday with Secret Cravings Publishing. 

Ellie's Gentleman by Georgiana Louis.
It's a sweet story, set in regency times. I also have to own up here, because I was one
of the readers of this before it was contracted. I adore this story. Out 15th May with SteamEReads.




Shona Husk
Apocalypse to Go by Katharine Kerr
This is book 3 in the Nola O'Grady series. It's urban fantasy that works across multiple deviant worlds. It's fascinating and compelling and totally different to Kerr's Deverry series. I really feel for Ari having to grabble with all the weirdness and I love the way it's all normal for Nola. Great fun.

1 comment:

  1. Other than Kerr's book, all of these were already on my TBR list. And now reading Shona's review, I think I'm adding that to my list too.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)